9/16/26

Thai priest tattoo adventure

 A few years ago, I spend some time with a Thai Buddhist priest in his home outside Bangkok, this was on recommendation from a Thai friend who was tiered of me asking all these questions about Buddhism why, who, where, howe come, I wanted to know as I am born curios.

To spend time with him was very expiring and full of new insights not only of Buddhism but also from various religions like Taoism, Confucianism and also different aspects of Indian religions, super cool and very educating with new wisdom for myself, such an inspiring person and I could spend so much more time just to have interesting discussions around many different topics, mind blowing.

You who know me also knows that I am not religious in normal since as believing in books written by humans guided by whoever, this is no go but I do believe in higher powers and in universal power that do have impact in all human life, some people find solutions and absolutions by defining a god and some of us do not need it to still pray and believe, what is your opinion regarding religion? share with me.

One thing that I still have on me is the Thai prayer tattoo where chanting and prayers was part of the process when performed with a sharp bamboo stick and hammered into my skin- NO PAIN AT ALL and this is absolutely crazy, all my other tattoos I still remember the pain but this one nothing, I cannot explain why and how but I'm happy to have this as a reminder of this guy.







  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thai priest tattoo adventure

 A few years ago, I spend some time with a Thai Buddhist priest in his home outside Bangkok, this was on recommendation from a Thai friend w...