9/15/26

China adventure 1

 I travel a lot and have meet chefs from many places with their own history, challenges and future dreams but have to say that Chinese chefs are from another planet, extremely curios, knowledgeable, determinate to do their best and also very humble, I love to work with Chinese chefs and somehow wish to end my career in China, how cool wouldn't that be!

I was invited by the Chinese government to do 3 special private dinners to celebrate 70 years of peoples revolution and also some masterclasses at the culinary collage of Beijing (another story later)

This trip was amazing and even better because they invited my wife Christina to join me and explore Beijing on her own, she was really touring around while I was doing my thing, lucky her.

The venue is the former Belgian embassy property in center city that was taken over by the government years ago and is now the playground for male population where they can bring party girls nobody knows about, not even the taxi drivers know about this address, very cool indeed.

In the compound is a beautiful garden, very big manor house and other budlings for staff, security and so on, with own canteen and living quarters.

The main building has a super nice lounge areas of curse and a very nice kitchen that serves the small restaurant, exclusive table wear but in totally different style that we are used to, sometimes very tacky! 

The local team was magnificent and so nice to work with, this is my Chinese team every time I go back for more adventures.

What do you think of the menu I provided? let me know in your comments.

XieXie








No comments:

Post a Comment

Culinary team of Singapore at IKA

 I was just daydreaming and start to think of my time in Singapore and the decision we made to send a team to compete at the culinary Olympi...