Anthony Bourdain

 Ok guys a lot have being said about AB but I don't understand the hysteria and glorification of a druggy and alcoholic chef, 

Yes, he did write some fun books that I do enjoy reading but so did many before him and also after him, did I enjoy watching some of his programs, I did but I haven't put to mush effort on them all. 

The book kitchen confidential was from a time that many younger chefs today have no clue of and can for sure not relate to this like my generation can, I laughed when reading because it reminded me of a different time in life - minus the drugs and heavy drinking- and the description on how it really was back then, love that but it still doesn't make him some kind of hero or MasterChef or a god protected chef.

I am sure that he was a fun character to work with and to hang around but then what? so are many

To compare and to put him on some kind of list with the best chefs is out of the question for me and I wonder how people are thinking when they do, there is so many extremely talented chefs out there that deserve our admiration much more than he does, at best he was an average Joe.

Franck Giovanni, Sven Wasmer Alain Ducasse, Clare Smyth. check them out !!

If you can't stand the heat, get the fuck out of my kitchen and read his book for a reality check




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAUT COUTURE THEODOR TEA

Zind - Humbrecht wines in gods garden

Sherry Delgado Zuleta