My Indian Chef friend Manjit

 When it comes to Indian food and food culture few beats chef Manjit Gill, he is an living encyclopedia when it comes to Indian food and the story and history behind things that we take for granted when we talk about Indian cuisine, I meet Chef Manjit for the first time I think it was something like 2004 and hade the pleasure even to visit him in India a few years ago for a presentation and meetings with IFCA the Indian chef association, also awarded Lifetime member of the association, I am very proud and humbled.

Chef Manjit can tell you amazing stories about why and how food is made in Indian kitchens and how to build flavor profiles and layers, its fascinating and I consider Indian food to be one of the most difficult and complex cuisines in the world, extremely difficult to master and very few do.

I was happy to catch up with Manjit on his visit here for a few days and just listen to all his stories.

Thank you chef for your wisdom and friendship, much appreciated and I hope we can catch up on my next visit to India in November this year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chateauneuf du Pape

Culinary competition in Egypt

Open Balkan & Wine vision