The Church of Sveti Sava ( St Sava)

 People who know me also know that I am not really a religious person but I do like the history behind all religions and to visit the for many people holy places and sanctuary's on my travels, some are very cool with great story telling behind and some are only just a place for people to be closer to their god, I don't judge anyone in their believes as long as they not try to convince me on theirs.

The cathedral of Sveti Sava in Belgrade Serbia is one of the nicest places I have ever visited and only beaten by Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, the temple of Sava have been constructed over many years with stops along the way and are now 98 % finished and a must see if you ever visit Belgrade(that you should)

The story tells that the Turks during the Ottoman occupation burned the body Of Sava on top of the hill to crush the resistance from the Serbs, but did the opposite of curse!! that's us Serbs, we always goes our own way, if you visit the temple please book a tour guide to get as much story as possible and also the advantage to visit parts of the temple not open for public, like the roof top where you have a 360 view of Belgrade. super cool indeed 

Neka vas bog sacuva!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chateauneuf du Pape

Culinary competition in Egypt

Open Balkan & Wine vision