2/10/12

Calvados & Chocolate, is that ok?

What a treat I received in my mail today J and that changed my whole day in to sunshine, a bottle of Chateau du Breuil calvados CHOCOLATE BLEND.

This is a collaboration between the master blender Philippe Lamon and the French famous chocolate company Michel Cluizel where they together made this totally amazing liquid from calvados with the average age of 10 – 30 year old barrels hided away in the cellar.

The whole point is to produce something that will be the ultimate experience with dark chocolate of the highest quality.

This calvados is made of five different apples all harvested from five different families to get the right structure and balance.

The colour is deep golden with great dry fruits on the nose, the taste is smooth, fruity with a great balance and nice acidity with long lingering finish.


I must say that I am very impressed of this calvados and will use it on all my chocolate / beverage pairing.

You can buy this I the restaurant assortment in Sweden by contacting Stellan Kramer.

enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment