8/27/12

Chateauneuf du Pape


Travelling thru Rhone valley is a true awakening for the spirit, a wonderful countryside, friendly people and fantastic wines in all the beautiful villages where my favourite is Chateauneuf du Pape,

I could live there for the rest of my life so if anybody want to buy a small hotel that I can run J please get back to me.

We started our trip in south of Rhone and travelled thru Banyuls and Rivesaltes where they have some of the best fortified wines in the world, nice stuff.

The next stop was in Chateauneuf du Pape and the famous castle of the Pope, fantastic view from the old castle overlooking all the vineyards in the area.

I meet up with the lovely young winemaker at Domaine du Pere Caboche Emilie Boisson who let us taste all of her wines, very nice and beautifully balanced wines where she used all of the 13 allowed grape varieties in her red blends.

After a nice stroll in the small village it was time to try some more CnDP wines to really understand all of the greatness and potential this area have to offer, stop by if you can and let me know if I can assist you in any way to find some good producers.

There are so much to say about this area but the best way is to get there and experience on your own.

 

Cheers guys

 












No comments:

Post a Comment