11/8/12

Cava TORELLO


Sitting in the beautiful and lush gardens of the Torello family estate just outside Sant Sadurni d`Anoia and drinking one of the best cava is an amazing and gratifying.

Toni de La Rosa Torello invited me to his house for some tasting of the cava that his family makes and I could not resist this invitation for sure.

The cava he makes are some of the best that I have tasted on my trip here some week ago, when I met Toni on the gala dinner held by the confraria.

I have the pleasure to meet the whole family with Toni’s sweet dad Francisco, his mother, darling wife and his kids, I felt extremely welcome to the house like an old friend, I love that feeling J

The Torello families have lived on the same ground for 22 generations now and that is truly historic and when you look around the property you can understand why they stayed, its absolutely beautiful here and very relaxing. (They have a street named after them in the town)

There are many things to say about the traditional production, bottling, experiment and so on when it comes to the estate wine, but one thing is for sure, the Cava are all outstanding in quality with a purity and structure that are hard to beat.

My favourite is the Gran Torello brut nature gran reserva from old plantings of macabeo, xarello and parellada with a minimum of 48 months on the lees.

I hope that somebody in Sweden will import the Torello wines in the near future, so everybody can enjoy them.

Thanks for everything Toni and see you soon again.










No comments:

Post a Comment